When: Sunday, June 3, 2018
Time: 9am – 2pm Note: No items will be accepted after 2 pm.
Location: Crescent Heights Community Association parking lot, 1102 2nd ST. NW (behind the high school off 11 Ave NW)
The organized Community Cleanup event saves residents a trip to the landfill for items that do not fit in their waste and recycling carts or for residents who do not have cart service. This service is free of charge to all Calgarians.
The City of Calgary will supply three packer trucks with crews, two for waste and one for organic materials.
Garbage trucks will not accept the following items:
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Rail way ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste including:
- Propane tanks
- Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals
WINS will be on site to take donatable items and a freecycle spot will also be set up for those looking for treasures.
If you are interested in volunteering at your community’s event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you miss our Clean-Up, check the website for another clean-up nearby.
For other recycling information:
This event is sponsored by The City of Calgary and Crescent Heights Community Association