As of June 2, 2021
The Green Line team announced on June 2nd that there will be a pause in the planning and construction of the north leg from Eau Claire to 16th Ave N. This is what we have been told so far.
- The Green Line Board has decided to construct the Green Line in two phases.
- The first phase will run from Sheppard to Eau Claire, connecting the southeast to downtown and into the existing Red/Blue lines.
- The second phase will run from Eau Claire to 16th Ave N.
- They are planning to continue with the construction of Phase 1.
- Phase 2 work has been put on hold until Phase 1 costs become clearer.
- As a result, the Green Line Team has paused work on the planning and design of the LRT Bow Bridge and Centre Street Streetscape.
- Pending no cost over runs in Phase 1, they will proceed with construction from Eau Claire to 16th N
There are many questions still left unanswered and we will be following up with the Green Line team.
CHCA Transportation Planning & Mobility
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.