Please join us for our AGM on Tuesday, September 29th from 6:30 to 7:30PM, outside the CHCA Hall, 1102 2ND St NW.
We are planning for a speedy outdoor AGM so please read last year’s minutes and our financial report before the meeting. Please dress for the weather and note that unfortunately no refreshments will be provided.
Notice of Crescent Heights Community Association Bylaw Amendments.
Please be advised that the Crescent Heights Community Association (CHCA) will amend our bylaws to reflect the following changes:
Regarding membership and capacity for virtual Annual General Meetings:
- Strike the words “in person” from the following clause:
66. Except as otherwise required by the Act or these By-laws, any matter to be decided at a meeting of the Association shall be decided by a majority of votes cast by Members present
in person, registered on the Association’s membership roster and entitled to vote at that meeting, and in the case of an equality of votes, the person chairing the meeting shall be entitled to cast an additional or casting vote. All votes shall, unless the chairperson elects to call for a ballot, or a resolution calling for a ballot is approved, be determined by a show of hands.
- Add the following clause to our bylaws under the “Association Meetings” section:
67. “If the CHCA chooses to make available a telephonic, electronic or other communication facility that permits all participants to communicate adequately with each other during a meeting of members, any person entitled to attend such meeting may participate in the meeting by means of such telephonic, electronic or other communication facility in the manner provided by the policies and procedures of the CHCA. A person participating in a meeting by such means is deemed to be present at the meeting. Notwithstanding any other provision of this by-law, any person participating in a meeting of members pursuant to this section who is entitled to vote at that meeting may vote, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the CHCA, by means of any telephonic, electronic or other communication facility that the organization has made available for that purpose.”
Regarding the number of director positions on the board:
1. Amend Bylaw 18 to allow up to 15 Board Directors:
The Board shall consist of a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of
twelve fifteen ( 12 15) Directors.